Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Everything Happens For a Reason

God places people in our lives for a purpose, whether we realize it or not. When it comes to relationships, we get so upset when things go wrong. Why did he leave? Why couldn't we be together? Why, why, why? And it usually take quite some time until we see the big picture.


Lately I've been evaluating the men who have come in and out of my life and I see it was all a part of God's plan. The men I've dealt with in the past six months or so have all served a purpose in me finding my purpose. I am a new me and I and very thankful for that.


I had been seeing a guy for a few months. Really like him, but no matter how much I cared for him, wanted to be with him, I couldn't because he already had a girl. Stupidly I kept playing the role, tried my best to win him over for far too long and one day I finally broke. I realized that I deserved so much more. His purpose in my life was to open my eyes to the fact that I sell myself short, a lot. Not just in relationships, but life in general. I settled way too much and I can't do that anymore.


The next guy I was semi-involved with is really a great guy. We had ridiculous conversations about any and everything. Did everything from laugh to cry together. He'd come over and we'd sit and talk for hours on end. There wasn't much negative about our interaction, but he too served a purpose. He made me realize that it is okay to just be myself. No matter how weird I think I am, simply being me is a good look. I felt so comfortable and I found out that people actually like my little quirky ways.


There were also a few guys here and there that taught me that chivalry is NOT dead. True gentlemen do exist. And no matter how many terrible things a woman has done in her past, she still deserves to be treated like a lady.


Now, the last guy probably had the biggest impact and really made everything click. I don't think I had ever met a man that I wanted so bad. He had absolutely everything I looked for in a man, but I was lacking. I figured if he was ever going to want me as much as I wanted him, I needed to step my game up. That's when I started Extreme Makeover: Soul Edition. Little by little I got rid of Satan's hold on my life. I grew closer to God and in doing so, everything else in my life is falling into place. I may never get the chance to be his girl, but I am forever grateful for his presence in my life. I would not be the same.


Once again, I know this is another one of my personal blogs, but I shared this to show that everything happens for a reason. We get so burdened with hurt and disappointment that we fail to see that even the worst things in life can bring us something positive, i.e. WISDOM. So I want to end this with one of my favorite quotes.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

2 comments:

  1. Ah. This is wonderful. You keep growing Ms. Nabors. "No blossom is perfect, but the rose is always beautiful." You're going to be one magnificent rose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Hey I can add you to the list of men who have made a difference in my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete